St Columbas Church
St Columbas Hall
St Columba's Selwyn Centre
St Columba's Youth
We have two facilities, with a variety of sizes of
rooms and a hall, which are available for use by groups
and individuals at community rates. In addition there is a counselling room available.
Groups are listed by venue and then in alphabetical
order. For more information about any of the activities
below, please contact us.
St Columba's Church
92 Surrey Cres, Grey Lynn
- St Columba: A Progressive Christian Anglican congregation - Sunday 10.00-11.30am
- Tongan Mission: an Anglican, Tongan language speaking, congregation and youth group - Sundays, 12.30-4pm.
- Drumsong: African drumming classes - Thursdays 6.00-8.00pm
- Long White Cloud: Meditation group - Tuesdays 7.30-8.30pm
St Columba's Hall
92 Surrey Cres, Grey Lynn
- Au Capoeira Classes: Wednesday 4pm to 5pm
- "Boot-It" fitness classes Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 6.00am 7.00pm
- Dances of Africa: Wednesday 7.30 8.45pm
- Grey Lynn School: Tuesday Assemblies 9 10am.
- St Columba Selwyn Care: Community outreach partnership with the Selwyn Foundation overcoming social isolation of the elderly. Tuesdays 10.30am 1pm
- Gym Kids: Thursday 2.45 5.15pm
- Healing Dance: Fridays 7pm to 9pm
- Little Kickers: Thursdays 9.30am to 11.30am
- Open Toy Box (Toy Library): February - November: Wed & Sat 9.30 - 11.30am. Excluding public holidays and long weekends. For more information on membership visit www.theopentoybox.org
- Ponsonby Pippins: Tuesday 4.15pm to 5.45pm
- Pocket Pixies: Tuesday 7:15 to 10.15pm
- Samantha School of Dance: Mondays 10:30am 11.30am and 3.00pm to 5.15pm
- Shaolin (Nam Pai Chuan) Kung Fu Classes: Traditional Chinese martial art teaching internal/external strength, flexibility, sparring, weapons and qi gong. Monday and Thursday nights 5.45-8:45pm. www.shaolinkungfu.co.nz
St Columbas Selwyn Centre
The St Columba Anglican Church in association with the Selwyn Foundation offers a
place for people over 65 to meet who may be living alone or have limited opportunity to get out and about. We meet on Tuesdays of every week from 10.30 1pm please click on the link for further information about what we do and who to contact.
- Te Maara St Columba Community Gardens: behind the
hall there is a space for organic gardening and the
development of permaculture. More information about the Community Gardens of is available at the preceding link.
- Sanctuary, Peace and Maori Healing Gardens:
Our Gardens are open every day for refreshment amidst the pressures and the busyness of city life.
The Valerie Lagorio Labyrinth
- The Labyrinth prayer walk way is available for meditation and quiet reflection. A trained facilitator is available for groups and individuals.